Wednesday 24 January 2007

Cats and 15 year-olds

"There is nothing as shortsighted as a cat or a 15 year-old girl." This was said by my sister tonight after she told us the story of being a teenager and wanting to bail out of work (at Mariposa) and go dancing at the teen nightclub. She had enough foresight to start the scheme before ever leaving the house. She mashed up a bunch of gross looking foods into a baggie, blew a kiss to my parents and headed off to work. Minutes after arriving at the store she set the stage and complained of not feeling well. She made her way into the staff bathroom, made some unpleasant noises and deposited the contents of the baggie into the toilet. After convincing her coworkers that she was indeed too sick to work and, I think, even showing them the fuke (fake puke), she left the store and went promptly to the mall bathroom (dangerously close to the store) and dolled up to go dancing. I am sure there is some entertaining info missing from my retelling of this story like that her boss showed up at the teen dance club after her own shift had ended (later than usual cuz she had to pick up sis's slack) or that another coworker saw her dressed to the (80's) nines, running out of the mall bathroom and into a car full of partying teens. Once I have my facts straight I will add them to this post or I'll leave it as is and let you decide how you'd like it to end. Either way we had a great laugh tonight over there being nothing as shortsighted as a cat or a 15 year-old girl.

This is my sis's comment after reading this post...

that is a pretty accurate account of the fuke incident, also noteworthy may be that i wore white face make up so i looked pale. and the assistant manager who also went to the teen dance club EVERY weekend, DID show up, like she did every weekend. and kept my secret. yay!

No comments: