Wednesday 28 March 2007

A double-heart miracle!

So, about two weeks ago, I was feeling like I wanted some concrete proof. Something I could ask for and receive and hold in my hand as a reminder of the power of The Secret. In the book there is a story of a young man who wanted the same thing and asked for a feather. He followed The Secret steps and asked the universe for a very specific looking feather. He visualized it and was grateful for it. Two days later he found it at his feet. I wanted to experience this.

I asked for a rock. I sat and got very clear on what this rock looked like. I visualized it and imagined holding it in my hand. It was grey and heart shaped and smooth and fit perfectly in the palm of my hand. I would carry it everywhere I went and it would serve as a reminder to me of the power of The Secret. If I felt doubtful, this rock would remind me that I asked for something and I got it. I could do anything and get anything. It would be proof that The Secret works. To make sure that I would know it was my rock when it showed up I asked for it to be heart shaped but also to have a heart on it. I asked for a double-heart rock.

I started to tell everyone about this double-heart rock. This was new for me. My past behaviour would have been to not tell anyone in case it didn’t happen. I now know that this is a big part of why things didn’t happen for me when I wanted them. Fear that they wouldn’t happen and not sharing it with the people in my life and the universe. I talked about it with my sisters, my parents, my friends and every time I did I visualized it and imagined holding it in my hand. I could feel the heft and smoothness of it in my palm. When I told people who weren’t quite on board with The Secret or law of attraction yet, I noticed that I felt a little sheepish but I ploughed through and told them anyways and to my surprise they all got it and shared my excitement.

A week went by with nothing happening. I noticed that I was fighting disappointment and continued visualizing my double-heart rock. I saw my chiropractor again and told her about it and then asked her a question. What now? Am I supposed to get clear, visualize, be thankful and then just let it go and not think about it again until it shows up? Or am I supposed to spend time visualizing and being thankful everyday until it shows up? She told me that by talking about it with people was focusing on it daily and to keep doing that. She then asked me to describe the rock to her and after I did she told me that she has seen man-made rocks similar to that at a shop on Granville Island and that I should go look there and see if it is there. If not maybe I will end up talking to someone about it there and they will direct me on a different path. She said it is important to be adaptable. I won’t know how it will find me or exactly how it will look.

I took what she said about being adaptable to heart but I didn’t like the idea of my double-heart rock being man-made or that I would have to buy it. I decided to go to Granville Island and check it out anyways but I never got there. It was rainy and I didn’t feel like going. That was a week ago.

On Sunday, my miracle rock came to me! It was the first sunny day since forever and I went for a patio lunch with some friends. We sat outside in the sun and laughed and ate good food and it felt good. When we left the restaurant we ended up standing in the little parking lot talking and making plans for the afternoon. We were standing in the way of a car that was backing out of a spot and so we moved over. I looked down and I was standing next to a planter full of rocks.

My eyes scanned the rocks looking for a heart shaped rock and there weren’t any. I bent down and picked one up anyway. It was oval but it felt good; smooth and cool and just the right size. I closed my eyes for a second and pretended it was my rock. I bent back down and placed it back in the planter and another rock caught my eye. This rock was heart shaped. It wasn’t my double-heart though. It was the right size and smooth and great but not my rock. It was damp and cold and I dried it off with my sleeve and went to throw it back into the planter. It wasn’t my rock but it was close. I was getting close. I decided to hold on to it.

I put it in my pocket and turned back to my friends who had been deep in conversation and hadn’t paid any attention to me picking up rocks. As we walked away, I turned to my friend and showed him the rock. He knew about my search for the double-heart rock and was impressed at how close this one was to it. He agreed with me that I was getting close. We met up with our friends and played bocce in the woods and saw a great bald eagle eating a fish. It was a really good day.

I left my friends, ran some errands and called my sisters. They were together, sitting on LT’s patio and I went over to join them. I had forgotten about the rock until then and I pulled it out of my pocket to show my sisters. As I told them where I found it I was holding it in my palm. It was warm from being in my pocket. I looked down at it before handing it to ST and in the center of the rock was a tiny heart-shaped discolouration.

It turned out to be my miracle rock after all.

2 comments:

Molly McSorley said...

Your writing is truly wonderful. I happened to stumble upon your blog, and it was a beautiful thing to read your story. Since my uncle passed away last July suddenly and tragically at the age of 48, we have found heart rocks all over. My uncle Tom was my dad...the man who raised me with my aunt and Mom. My sisters, mom and aunt were walking on the beach a few weeks after Tom died...an incredibly difficult time as you can only imagine, and my aunt noticed one on the sand. She picked it up. As we continued to walk, we found that we were literally surrounded with them. In our anger, sadness, and longing...we knew we were loved. We knew that God had placed these heart rocks for us gave us the open eyes to recognize the miracles all around us. What I've learned is that heart rocks are, everywhere, miracles are everywhere...you just need to let go, give it all to God and open your eyes. Thank you for sharing your story- I love how you had faith enough to open your eyes to find what it was you were searching for.

k said...

Thank you. Thank you so much.
I am so sorry for your loss. What a difficult thing to be going through. I loved your story, that moment of your aunt finding the heart rock and then realizing that you are surrounded by them. I truly do believe that miracles are everywhere...maybe it was one that you stumbled upon my blog and this story.
Plus you were a reminder for me to not forget this experience and what it meant to me. As time goes on, it's easy to forget, so thank you for your comment. It means so much to me.