Friday 2 March 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Oh the weather outside is frightful. Ok it's not really that bad. But it is March 2nd and snowing. This doesn't happen often in Vancouver.

Remember when global warming used to be called The Greenhouse Effect? At least I think it's the same thing. Everything I know about the greenhouse effect, I learned from an Archie comic. Dilton was trying to teach the gang to be environmentally conscious in the early 90's. Actually most things I know I learned from Archie comics. That Dilton imparted a lot of knowledge on me. I think I am such an avid reader of anything and everything now because of my Archie history. I read all things Archie obsessively while I was growing up.

So they are changing the look of the gang. Well Betty and Veronica at least, but I can't imagine that they'd change B&V and not the rest of the gang. They are making them look more like real people and I'm not a fan of the new look. I have to remind myself though that they have changed Betty and Veronica a few times over the years and while the current B&V are my favourite, I do like seeing the old ones once in a while. So I guess the next generation of Archie fans will feel the same way about the new B&V.

If you are curious to see Betty & Veronica's new look, I have attached the link here so you can check it out.
http://www.majorspoilers.com/archives/667.htm

I also discovered that Betty and Veronica have blogs as well (of course - who doesn't). If you have any desire to check those out, you can find them at... http://archiecomicblogs.typepad.com/bettys_blog/ http://archiecomicblogs.typepad.com/veronicas_blog/
...oh and they are denying that there is a makeover at all.

Well, I am off to work.
Peace and love
kt

No comments: