Wednesday 11 April 2007

All hopped up on paint fumes

I went to The Kitchen Corner today. I will paint a picture for you in case you've never been to one before. It is a store that is packed and stacked FULL of everything you might imagine. Dishes, cutlery, cleaning supplies, rugs, utensils, toys, hair things, ashtrays, fake plants, umbrellas, sunglasses, candles. Floor to ceiling shelves and super narrow aisles. Even things hanging from the ceiling. It is like a dollar store but better. They actually have some pretty good, useful things. I bought a dozen little glass jars with lids that latch on. As I paid the man working there, he asked me what I was making. I told him that they were for holding all my different loose leaf teas. He replied with a "So you're into to tea now." which is really funny because I've never seen him before.

I came home and washed them all and set them out to dry. I wondered how I was going to label them. I didn't want it to be a permanent label since I'd be mixing up the teas that I put in them as I tried new ones. I considered not labeling them and just letting my nose figure them out but I like knowing the names of them.

Sidenote: Ok, I wasn't kidding about the title to this post. I actually just had to stick my head out the window for some fresh air. I wonder if I should hold Cooper out the window too. It might terrify him though.

Ok back to the post. I remembered that I had some chalkboard paint in my closet. I bought it a couple of years ago and painted it onto some jars for LT and ST for xmas and filled them with different things, coffee, choc chips, mini marshmellows and tealights and then wrote on the chalkboard part what was in them. Anyways, I still have a ton of paint left. You just paint it on let it dry and presto - instant chalkboard on any surface.

I decided to paint the lids of the jars so that they are easier to identify. I painted them all a couple of hours ago and everything was fine. It was a couple glasses of wine and the second coat that did me in. After doing a second coat on all the jars, I decided that I would paint the inside of my pantry door with the chalkboard paint. I just did a panel about 2.5 feet tall and 1.5 feet wide but now I feel all light headed and queasy.

I think Coop and I are going to take a walk around the block.

1 comment:

prairieox said...

And how did Coop take to being walked around the block? :)