Thursday 19 April 2007

Bandwagon jumper and proud of it

Year round when people ask me what sports I like (and it happens more often than you might expect) I always answer that I like playoff hockey. Regulation hockey bores the snot out of me. But playoff hockey is fun and exciting. I love being out in pubs along with other fans (bandwagon or otherwise) and cheering when we get a goal and booing when the other team does. I even watched Tuesdays game all alone in my apartment cheering and hissing through the third period. When we won, I cheered so loud that Cooper jumped off his chair and ran away. I hit mute on my tv so that I could hear all the other cheering fans in my neighbourhood, celebrating and all I heard was the sweet chirp of a chickadee.

That's why I am going out to watch the game tonight. We are up 3/1 so tonight's a good night to be out watching just in case we win it all.

2 comments:

stef with an f said...

remember that time we were watching playoff hockey in 1994 (i think) and you said to the screen "oh quit pussy-footing around!"

kt said...

I do! But it was more like 1984 than 94. And you and LT teased me endlessly about it...still do, I see.