Saturday 2 June 2007

It's getting hot in here

Damn, it's warm. My apartment right now is a toaster oven. And I am the toast.

Seriously though, I am generally miserable in this heat and it's only just begun. I just came from outside and it is glorious out there. It is nearly 10pm and I was walking around in a t-shirt and it was great. I hate the unbearable heat during the summer days and I love the warmth of the summer nights. How can I have the warm nights without the hot days?

I spent the whole day outside today except for a short stint in my friend's cool apartment watching an episode of Remington Steele. It was a good day. We sat (in the shade) at the beach and had some laughs and fun and then sat on a patio for dinner and drinks. The party carried on after that but I chose to come home and take it easy.

My apartment is not cool. My apartment is roasting. I am too hot to sit here and type so I am going to grab a big ol' glass of water and flop down in front of the fan and watch a movie. I rented three movies for the week. Melinda and Melinda, Kinsey and The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio. So I'll close my eyes and pick one to watch.

3 comments:

Next in Line said...

I am loving my north facing apartment right now. In my old apartmentI used to be toast, but now I am bread.
E

kt said...

I wish I were bread....I wish I were a popsicle. I wish I had a lovely little lavender north facing apartment.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you weren't quoting that horrible rap/hip-hop song 'it's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes'.

I figured my cousin was better than that ;) haha