Tuesday 26 June 2007

Look at me go!

Yesterday, after writing all about Jack Canfield, I felt really excited about life. I perused his website and signed up for his free 21 day mentorship program. I felt so good and happy and motivated reading everything that I got from him that I decided I needed to buy his book; The Success Principles: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be.

The second I decided that, I couldn't get it into my hands fast enough. I went to Banyen and went straight to the business/finance section and didn't see it there. I walked down a few rows to the self-help and there it was. There was only one left. I felt in that moment that I would have paid a million dollars for this book, luckily it was only $20.

I hopped in my car and drove the hour to work with Jack Canfield smiling up at me from my passenger seat and me smiling back.

I have seen people carrying and reading books about how to be successful or rich and I always thought of them as people who were different than me. They were a different type of person. They were people who would read books and figure out how to be successful and/or rich and make it happen. They wore suits and heels and drank lattes and had coiffed hair. I realized, smiling at that book on my passenger seat, that those people aren't any different from me. I am one of those people.

I started reading right away and was instantly in love with this book. I am 100% committed to reading, following and living these principles.

Back in January I wrote this post about my journey so far, and in it I talked about how once I had the knowledge that I was meant for more, I couldn't keep ignoring it...I had to act on it and change my life. I feel the same way with this book. This book is providing me with knowledge and ideas that are now planted in my brain, I cannot ignore them. When you know better, you do better.

I am so super excited about my life.

1 comment:

stef with an f said...

you go sista!!!! you have a millionaire mind!