Wednesday 18 July 2007

Crushes

It has been entirely too long since I have had a crush on anyone. Years. It's been years!

Now, I do bandy the word 'crush' around very carelessly at times. I often use it when I am discussing anyone adorable who happens to be in my sight line. Which would lead my friend,JM to claim that I have crushes constantly. But right now I am talking about the kind of crush that lasts longer than it takes to guzzle a lime margarita, which is not long at all.

I have learned that even as far as celebrity crushes go, I am more inclined to get crushes on voices than I am on looks. A couple summers ago I was madly in love with Jack Black`s voice after listening to Tenacious D on repeat. But I didn`t have a crush on JB, just his voice. Other voices that I have crushed on are Brad Nowell (singer of Sublime), and Anthony Rapp (Mark from RENT). Apparently I`ve got a thing for the showtune voice!

As for my celeb crushes they are fleeting and on constant rotation depending on what my mood is and if I`ve seen them in a movie lately. Typically on my rotation is Joaquin Phoenix, Matthew Goode, Ethan Embry, Stuart Townsend...although both Matthew Goode and Stuart Townsend are both a little too good looking for me. My crushes on them are the most fleeting and generally only last as long as whatever movie it is they are in, is on. Mostly I just like looking at them.

TT just called me and I had to ask her who I crush on celeb-wise and she had as much trouble as me figuring out who. She did come up with Ethen Embry though. You can see a pic of him here in case you would like to know who he is. Here is Matthew Goode and here is Stuart Townsend too.

So, apparently, I am not really the crushy type. Too bad though, because when I`ve had them, I`ve enjoyed them. Maybe I just haven`t met anyone crushworthy yet. I`ll keep my eyes peeled and I`ll let you know if I get butterflies anytime soon. Hopefully I do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha I swear I AM the crushy type. I fall 'in love' with a person pretty easily. Sometimes it makes me wonder if I'm more 'in love' with the idea of being 'in love' than I am with the person.

but yea, I think what you're getting at is what's true of most of us -- we are attracted to people and find them attractive, but we don't generally feel a real strong connection or push towards that person unless they're really compelling and we get to know them a little better.