Sunday 8 July 2007

Happy Sunday

Sunday evening. And what a great day it was. I got up earlyish and started to clean my room (one of the last things left on my weekly goal list). It felt good to be starting on making my bedroom the haven I want it to be. I've picked out a new paint colour and have big plans for creating a really lovely, clean, clutter-free, space for myself.

I stopped, only to make tea and have my new favourite breakfast (or lunch or dinner), blackberry yogurt with granola and apple and banana cut up over it. The granola has dried cranberries and cashews in it too. It's delicious and totally filling. Although I know it is jam packed with sugar so I'm going to have to cut back and start putting it in the rotation with oatmeal and eggs.

I called JM and he, TT and I went to go see Transformers. So much fun! It was a big, over-the-top extravaganza of an action movie. Growing up without any brothers, I missed out on that whole Transformers thing and even then missed out on some of the jokes in the movie. But not enough to make a difference. Plus JM and TT would fill me in anytime I missed something.

I got home, had ten minutes for a bite to eat before ST picked me up for Jazz Vespers (church and Jazz). I hadn`t been in 3 months and it felt good to be there. A nice spiritual pick-me-up. She brought me home and we popped a bag of popcorn and poured some coconut iced tea (which deserves it`s own blog post). We went and sat on the stoop outside, visiting, eating popcorn and drinking iced tea. It was very lovely.

ST left and I started back on the getting stuff done. I`ve got one thing left and it`s a biggie so I really want to sit, focus and give it my all. It`s from the Success Principles and it is a vision for my future. It encompasses career, finances, lifestyle, home, family, relationships, spare time, vacations, hobbies, charity, health, appearance and personal growth. I need to jot down everything I can think of that I want in all these areas of my life. I have been struggling doing this exercise all week. I think it`s because I`ve always avoided making goals or having dreams. My thinking in the past was always not to dream big because then I couldn`t be disappointed when I didn`t get it. This is the wrong way to think, I`ve now learned. I quoted Michelangelo before in this blog. "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that our aim is too low and we reach it."

So I`m shooting past the stars this time.

No comments: