Saturday 14 July 2007

It's all about me.

I wasn't sure what to write about today. I have sat down a couple of times and logged in to that's life, and then sat and stared at the blank slate wondering what to write about. A sort of blogger's block I suppose.

I contemplated not writing at all, if I couldn't think of what to say, but I'm in a writing mood and really do want to post something today.

I once again have my whole weekend free and clear of any plans...kind of. I have, as always now, my weekly goals and there are a lot on there that I didn't get done during the week. Which leaves me with a lot to get done in the next two days. I was about to say that it was because of the heat that I didn't get a lot done but that would be a lie. Yeah, the heat made being in my apartment pretty unbearable but I could have still completed almost every single one of my goals anyways, either out and about or earlier in the day before it got too hot. Some of them, like meditating or writing, could have been done in the heat too.

This concept of taking 100% responsibility of your life is huge. It's the first of Jack Canfield's Success Principles. Take 100% responsibility for your life. Give up all of your excuses. No complaining, no blaming, no defending. If you don't like what you are getting out of life, change what you are doing. You either create or allow everything that happens to you. If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got.

The thing is, once you really get this and give into it, it feels good. It's empowering. I have all the control over my own life. No one or nothing can stop me or get in my way or distract me. Only me. I am the only thing that can get in my way and distract me, and I have control over me.

As Wayne Dyer said, "All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you."

So there, that's my post for now. I guess all I needed to do was start typing and let a stream of consciousness out.

...and I just got an email inviting me out for drinks and games on a patio later. What a perfect summer Saturday evening activity.

No comments: