Monday 2 July 2007

The Power Within - Bob Procter

Bob Proctor is a millionaire, motivational speaker and an author. He wrote the Science of Getting Rich and You Were Born Rich. He was the last speaker of the day and not one of my favourites. Listening to him speak, I felt like I was being encouraged to become the newest (and lowest) rung in his Pyramid business. Ok I didn't just feel like I was, I actually was being encouraged to buy into his pyramid. If I learned anything from the 4 speakers before him, it was to invest my money in myself. I interpret that to mean 'don't buy into pyramid schemes'.

Now having said that, Bob Proctor did say things that spoke to me and things that I will incorporate into my life. So here are my Bob Proctor notes:

It's not that something is missing; it's that something is getting in the way! You have everything you possibly need to become successful. If you are not successful it is only because something is in your way...usually it's fear.

Rich people do not get rich from one income. Rich people have multiple sources of income. Rich people do not work for their money they let their money work for them. Financial success comes with being in the right place at the right time and seizing the opportunity. You have the power to put yourself in the right place at the right time.

Your results are an expression of your level of awareness. The more aware you are, the better your results will be. Awareness expands with education and coaching. Seek out the masters, read books, find what speaks to you, motivates you and pursue it. Continue learning.

Our work should be our pleasure.

There was a Jewish psychologist who was captured and imprisoned in one of the concentration camps during WWII. He realized, despite the horrific treatment of the prisoners there, that no one could ever make him think anything that he didn't want to think. He had a choice and power over his thoughts and mind. Your power comes from within you. Your power is not external and is not controlled by others. Take 100% responsibility for your own life. No one else can make you feel, think or do something that you don't allow or agree to feel, think or do.

Most people are extras in their own movies instead of being the leading star. Shift your awareness, know what you want, make it happen. Become the leading character in your own movie!

I've written something down here about a "3 Income Earning Strategy" that I am going to try and make sense of from my notes. I think it goes like this...

Really rich people make money by having multiple sources of income
Moderately rich people invest $ to make $
Comfortable/Poor people put in time at jobs in exchange for $

So that's it for my Bob Proctor notes. Once again, I just have to point out how interesting it is to me that all of these speakers are pretty much saying the same information but in their own language with their own spins on it from their own life experiences. The more I look around at the people who are successful and admirable the more aware I am that they have all just figured out what all the other ones are saying.

Be positive
Be grateful
Be aware
Be powerful
Be authentic
Be humble
Be charitable
Be responsible
Be clear
Be action
Be happy

Bob Proctor Website
I didn't find Bob Proctor's website to be very interesting or user friendly but that doesn't mean that someone else won't love it.

No comments: