Sunday 7 October 2007

Umbrellas and boots

I should be doing homework right now. I didn't have school yesterday because of the long weekend which was great since Friday was JM's birthday and we were out late celebrating. I would have been in no shape for school Saturday morning. The best part about not having school this weekend though was that I got to cut my homework time in half for the week. Two weeks to do a week's worth of homework.

At least that was my plan.

I haven't opened my books since class last Saturday. So now I have to do a week's worth of homework in a week. Not so bad I know...it could be worse. I still have a week to do it and although I'm not likely to get much done today, I know I will over the next three days.

Instead of doing homework, I am listening to music and making a bunch of cd's. I have made about 3 for my Aunt S. and will likely make some for my sisters too. All I have on my rotation these days is the Once Soundtrack, the Across The Universe Soundtrack and a cd my friend C made for me.

It is the rainiest day today and I kinda love it. I can hear the rain pouring down outside and I keep getting up to go stare out the window at the puddles and people running by with their umbrellas. The umbrellas are usually black or some other dark or muted colour. On such a gloomy day, I would love to look out my window and see a rainbow of brilliantly coloured umbrellas. Brightly coloured brollys are hard to find though. I went shopping recently for a new umbrella. Green. Bright green. I want a bright emerald green umbrella. The only one I've ever found was a child's umbrella and far too tiny for me. Imagine how lovely it would be if you walked down the street on a rainy day and every umbrella you saw was a bright colour.

I did find some lovely bright gum boots though. Bright red with rainbows, clouds, hearts and lightning bolts on the sides of them. These might clash with my green umbrella when I finally find it but who cares. Clashing bright colours on a gloomy day is only all the more fun!

Here is a pic of my awesome rain boots!

No comments: