Wednesday 7 November 2007

Wine Drive

I meant to write yesterday. Actually, I meant to write Monday as well. Even Sunday for that matter.

Sunday was a big day for me. The charity event I had organized came to it's conclusion. This was the wine drive for Cancer. I had people donate a bottle of wine and 10 bucks. The money is going to the Canadian Cancer Society and the wine got raffled off amongst those who entered. I hosted an open house at my place on Sunday to thank everyone who entered and to do the draw. I had just a small group of people show up and we had a lovely time. I ended up with 70 bottles of wine and $810, which was 20 more bottles and 310 more dollars than I was aiming for. And it's not even officially done yet. I am still waiting for the money to come in from the 'satellite' draw my friends are doing at their work.

It felt good though, picking a goal, creating an event and following through to achieve my goal. This is new territory for me. I need to review the rest of my goals to keep them fresh in my mind and to start working on another one.

No comments: