Wednesday 9 January 2008

To do list

Many of you know me well enough to know that write lists. I love lists. Some people love lists because they love to cross things off the list. I love the actual writing of the list and then I like looking at them. Depending on the type of list it is, I will keep it and refer back to it as often as I can or I will write it and never look at it again.

I wrote a list today that started out as a to do list for tomorrow and turned into a to do list for my life. It starts small and grows. I liked what I was writing and planning to do and I thought to myself that this is really stuff that I should just do everyday. So at some point I started thinking much more universally with this list and I went big. The list entertained me so much that I am going to share it here with you.

Without further adue, here is my to do list for life.

buy groceries
throw stuff out
call big brothers and get rid of so much
that's life
clean
cooptown
organize
write write write
paint draw craft
walk, workout
eat well
plan, create, get out
live large, have fun
be excited and joyful
be grateful and gracious
buy a metal water bottle and get rid of plastic ones
dance, move my body more
visit Megan, Grandma, Grandpa, Karin
See my friends often
cook lots
simplify - I don't need things, I need experiences
Have a weekly date with self
Have a weekly date with Maria
budget
celebrate


This to me is a guide for what to do every day. I like this idea that if I have some down time or extra time off, I can refer to this list and pick something or many things off of it, to do.

No comments: