Wednesday 23 April 2008

Okay, okay! I'm writing. I'm writing!

Hi all.

So I've gotten some feedback that I have been taking far too long to write a new post. A lot has been going on and I have been really busy but that is no excuse. I just haven't been in the mood to write about anything. The few times I have signed in to write a new post, I have stared at a blank screen with a blank mind.

I'm not even so sure what to write about right now. I know! Facebook. There has been a lot happening on facebook for me recently.

I have reconnected with friends from long ago. Facebook will have that affect on your life, I have found. Every person that I have tried to track down with no luck has eventually found me instead. The most recent being my best friend from waaayyyy back in the day. I started to type that we were friends in elementary school but I'm having a hard time believing I was ever that young.

I have tried many times to track her down and last week, she found me. We've emailed back and forth a few times and it is so good to hear how she is doing. She is married with a baby and living in Calgary. We haven't been in touch for about 16 years so there is so much to catch up on. My past is so wrapped up with hers. I can't quite imagine how different my youth would have been if I hadn't been friends with her.

I have also reconnected with 2 of my ex managers from Le Chateau, on facebook. We got together today for lunch and it was great seeing them again. They are opening a new store near me and so I actually got to see a whole slew of people I used to work with. Again, so much of my past is wrapped up in these people. They had such a lasting impact on me and have always held a very special place in my heart. So many memories!!

There are two more people that I have reconnected with on facebook that I will hopefully get together with soon. One of them was a very good friend of mine when I was in my early 20's and I'm not so sure how we grew apart. We are planning on getting together in a few weeks and I am really looking forward to it. The other one is a friend from high school. I will hopefully being seeing her and her new daughter within the next few weeks as well.

Facebook! It's a crazy thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Facebook is pretty good for catching up randomly with people you haven't seen for a long time.

It's also 'good' for bumping into and seeing people you'd rather forget. LOL. That's why there's that handy 'block' feature. :D hehe