Tuesday 24 March 2009

It's Spring! Can't you tell by the rain?

Time for spring cleaning! I am feeling very inspired and excited about cleaning and purging yet again. I have a little extra motivation this time around too...I am moving! I figure it'll make it easier to purge when I can put it in the context of 'do I really want to pack this, move it, unpack it and find a new home for it in my new place?'

I am also getting a roommate and so I will have less space to house my belongings. I am moving in with a friend of mine who is coming back to Vancouver after spending years away in the British Virgin Islands and more recently Victoria. I think it is going to be a great thing for both of us. I know I certainly need to shake up my life. (I just got a visual of a Boggle game - I've been sitting with the same letters for far too long and need to shake it up and get some new letters).

The move is happening in a couple months and so I have time to really go through my stuff and figure out what it worth keeping and taking with me and what will make it's way to Big Brothers or the Developmental Disabilities Association. I have been avoiding doing any kind of purging so far but this morning I woke up and I felt inspired. It's a good feeling!

Wish us luck for finding the perfect place. I am hoping for something spacious with lots of natural light and maybe even a little slice of outside, either in the form of a deck or maybe even a yard.
I am going to visualize my ideal place and hopefully call it into existence.

No comments: