Tuesday 31 March 2009

Topic-less

I am having a massive case of writers block right now. I am sitting here, staring at the blank screen and the blinking cursor is totally mocking me. I mostly wrote those two sentences just to stop the cursor from taunting me. And now, of course, I have to keep writing otherwise the cursor goes back to being a silent metronome, giving my frustration a visual rhythm. Blink, blink, blink, blink.

I need a topic. I have topics in my head but none of them are jumping to the forefront and volunteering to be written about. I could talk about Twitter. I joined about 3 weeks ago and find it quite entertaining. I could talk about moving and getting a roomie. I am so excited to have a new space to decorate and live in. I could talk about the Twilight series of books (I am halfway through the 4th book and loving it) . I could talk about I Love You, Man because it was so much fun and Paul Rudd is awesome.

Those are four solid topics and yet none of them are jumping up and saying 'Pick me! Pick me!' Instead what is begging to be written about is my complete lack of being able to pick a topic. That must be some kind of paradox, my topic is not having a topic. I just typed topicless into dictionary.com and it said 'Did you mean topic-less?' so I clicked on that and it took me to another page that said 'Did you mean topless?' Hmmm not quite, but thanks for giving me something else to write about.

Ok, I just googled 'little known facts' and the first thing that came up was - A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

No comments: