Wednesday 8 April 2009

Getting a roomie

I am afraid I have become the most boring person on earth! I seem to have not all that much to write about these days. Part of it is that some of the things that I would like to write about I am unable to for different reasons. Privacy being a big one. It unfortunately narrows my field of topics a fair bit.

Plus, I live a drama-free life for the most part and so my day to day lifestyle is fairly uncomplicated and easy. I imagine that this also narrows the topic pool by quite a lot. Ho hum. I love a drama-free life but it does absolutely nothing for my blogging. I will have a lot more going on soon enough with moving and adjusting to life with a roommate.

I can't even express how much I am looking forward to this change in my lifestyle. I am excited about having a new space to live in but even more so I am excited about having an inspirational friend to live with. L is on a similar path to me yet we have different ways of walking that path, which I think is a great thing. She has always been an inspiration to me and she claims I am one as well (yay!).

She called me the other day and said, 'one of the things I am most looking forward to is cooking for you'. The funny thing is, that that is one of the things that I am most looking forward to as well. Cooking for her. We will be able to take turns and have yummy delicious meals every day.

I am also looking forward to having a live in friend. I have lived alone for 10 years now. I first did it because I wanted to make sure that I could. I remember my first night alone in my apartment after leaving home and how quiet and lonely it felt. Now, I am so used to living alone that I think I might be in a bit of an 'alone' rut. I do what I want, when I want and don't have to keep anyone informed of my plans. I have no one I need to compromise with or negotiate things with. I am getting more and more set in my alone ways and this does not bode well for a single lady. I don't want to be single forever and so I think I need to learn how to live with someone, how to compromise, negotiate, fight and make up, clean up after myself and take someone else into account when I make plans for myself.

All in all I think this is going to be a great experience!

No comments: