Monday 29 June 2009

Frustrated

I am tv-less and computer-less at the moment! Talk about making for a quiet and boring night. I am using my roommate's laptop to type this blog as my computer absolutely refuses to connect to the internet. It was working fine and dandy and then it quit. The tv was also working fine and dandy and then just quit. It's either a backlash from my technology or my roommate gaslighting me. Soon I'll come home to the fridge being warm and pictures hung upside down on the walls.

I made the discovery about the tv not working just when I had settled in to watch the two hour eppy of The Bachelorette. This show is an extreme not-so-guilty pleasure and it's been a rough couple of weeks so Monday nights are a little special to me. It's a bit of a date night where I make myself a delicious dinner, pour some wine, get into my comfies and watch Jillian make terrible decisions about who to keep and who to kick off.

I came home from a long day already knowing that I wasn't going to be able to unwind with the internet since it hasn't been working for a few days now. I got everything together and at 7:59 I turned on the tv. Nada, black screen, nothing, absolutely nothing. The unbelievable frustration I felt in that moment was horrible. All I wanted to do was lay on the couch and veg out for a bit. Was that REALLY so much to ask??????

I called Stef and was out the door on my way to her place in minutes with a bottle of wine in one hand and a bag of chips in the other. Clearly turning to my comfort things and poor coping skills to help me through it.

At least watching the show with Stef is fun and adds another level of entertainment to it. Stef taped what I missed so in the end I didn't miss anything. Thanks sis!

I came home and spent 20 minutes trying to figure out what went wrong with the tv and came up with nothing. Despite what Meg thinks, I am TERRIBLE with technology. (Hi Meg! I'll talk to you soon!) My brother in law is going to come over tomorrow and see if he can figure anything out. I spent an hour on the phone with Shaw (mostly on hold) and that got me nowhere but I'll be calling them again anyway to send someone out here to help me figure it out. It's especially confusing since my roommate's wireless is still working just fine. Hence my suspicions that she is gaslighting me!

1 comment:

Next in Line said...

I have also thought you were a superstar with technology. Dam it the TV is not fixed. I hate it when a perfect plan goes haywire. Lucky your sister is so close.