Saturday 6 June 2009

New Digs

I've moved!
What a week it has been! The move happened last Sunday and it went very smoothly. I hired movers to do the bulk of the work but then also had Stef, Mom, Steve, Meg and Carl helping me out too. (Thanks guys!!!) The move itself took 4.5 hours but then the tears and stress lasted another 72 hours.

The apartment that we've moved into is a fair bit smaller than where I've moved from. I have been living on my own in a big apartment with a lot of available storage. And I used all of it. Here in our new place, the closets aren't as tall or as deep and there isn't any extra storage. Plus not as much usable living space, so less room for furniture and book shelves etc.

I downsized before the move and have had to continue getting rid of stuff on a daily basis. There isn't room for everything and I am needing to let go of a lot of stuff I had accumulated. Most of it is easy to let go of but the process itself is overwhelming. At this point though, it feels good to have purged that much more. It's just stuff and the more 'stuff' you have, the more 'stuff' you have to take care of.

The other huge transition has been going from living alone to having a roommate. It's only been 6 days but so far I love living with someone. I thought it would be a huge adjustment and take some time to get used to but it's been really good.

As I was typing that sentence, a tiny little reddish moth landed on the wall in front of me and it's wings make the perfect shape of a heart. :-)

Now that the move is over and we are settling in to our new digs, I think that I will be able to get back to some sort of regularity with posting again. And Cooptown will get back on track as well.

No comments: