Tuesday 1 September 2009

Cranky McCrankerton writes a gratitude list.

This post is going to be a bit of a stretch for me since I am still feeling the crankiness. My plan is to combat that by writing about good things and things that I am grateful for.

My health. I have low blood pressure, no allergies, no afflictions and am able bodied. I love to walk and live in the best location to get out and do so. I have a great apartment and a great roommate. I have a patio that is sheltered, private and the perfect size. I have a beautiful, affectionate cat who entertains me every day and showers me with love. I love going to movies and always have someone to go see them with. I have a car, I have a job, I have a family that I love and great friends. My grandma and grandpa are alive and doing well and I love them dearly and am so grateful that they have pulled through all their recent illnesses. I have a good doctor whom I trust and respect. I have a mechanic that I trust and respect. There are NO silverfish in my new apartment. I am rarely bored or lonely. I have thick hair. I have faith in God and find much peace and comfort in reading A Course in Miracles. I have cooptown, that's life and various other creative outlets that bring me joy. I love to read. I have a subscription to Entertainment Weekly and relish getting it in the mail every week. My roommate leaves me cute notes and little gifts around the apartment. I have a soul-sister who loves to sit at the beach and play cards with me. I like the church I go to and feel LOVED every time Helen hugs me. I get to spend a lot of time with my mom and always feel FILLED with love and comfort when we part ways. I have realized that the people I do life with are my soul mates, each and every one of them. I like my eyes. And my nose. And my mouth. My relationship with my dad has never been better and I love him DEARLY. I can have a conversation with God and he always talks back to me. I like to drink water. (I used to hate it so I am grateful to like it now and not always feel so dehydrated). I can appreciate a good glass of wine or an ice cold beer. I am about to walk out the door to meet my lovely soul-sister for a walk/visit/lunch because that's just how I roll.

:-)

No comments: