Thursday 3 September 2009

Dream

I had a dream last night that DS came to visit me. He was a colleague/mentor of mine who died a couple of weeks ago. It was a sudden and shocking passing that no one was expecting or remotely prepared for. I hadn't seen him in a very long time and always knew that I would see him again. I had things that I wanted to say to him that I had been storing up and waiting to tell him. Can we say big ol' lesson learned there? I have told him since his passing and believe that he knows what was in my heart and on my mind.

Back to the dream though. He came over to my house which was the house I grew up in with my parents and sisters. My mom let him in and he was there when I came home from wherever I'd been. They were in the kitchen. My mom was preparing dinner and he was leaning against the kitchen counter.

My mom said to me "I've put the kettle on. Why don't you make the two of you some tea and then go sit and talk." The next part of the dream was almost like a dance it was so exquisitely choreographed. My mom and I sharing the space in the kitchen, her making dinner and me making tea. We worked around each other, reaching past each other and passing things between us like smiles and spoons and tea towels. I felt an overwhelming heartache of love for her and Dave was our witness. He leaned against the counter and watched us with love. We never did sit and talk, the dream ended before then but I don't think we could have said anything to top the LOVE we were surrounded by.

I am choosing to believe that Dave did come to visit me and show me the love that is surrounding me. Writing this made me cry.

No comments: