Wednesday 9 December 2009

School

So no student loan. Apparently I make too much money. The irony is that if I use the money I make to pay for school then I have nothing left over to live off of. So I make too much money but not enough money.

Ah well, it allows me to continue at a more enjoyable pace. One or two courses at a time is perfect. I have registered for an Art History class and am once again on a waitlist for an English class. I am hopeful though and have pretty quickly moved from 12th to 6th on the waitlist. I was told this week that the general rule at another college is that if you are 7 or lower on the waitlist, you will get in. So I am hoping that this is also the case for where I'm going.

As for the course I just finished, I loved it! I loved reading stories, analyzing them and then writing about them. I received 100% on the first essay I wrote and on the last day of class the instructor handed it out to all of the students (without my name on it) and told the class that this was an example of an excellent essay. We spent the next half hour studying, analyzing and critiquing my essay. It was a bizarre experience. I felt simultaneously proud and embarrassed. The instructor used words like 'fresh', 'perfect', 'unique', and 'clever'. She called the author a 'great writer' and I blushed rather furiously.

I wrote my final exam just this last Monday and am now patiently waiting for my final marks.
...oh how I hate waiting!

1 comment:

prairieox said...

Congratulations on your essay! Sorry about the student loan - it is very ironic indeed. Darn!